Douglas Council has agreed to install a wheelchair accessible roundabout in Noble’s Park, which is expected to cost the local authority £12,500.
The local authority says the equipment will be funded from income generated at events in the park.
It had previously considered buying a wheelchair swing, but this was seen as ‘exclusive’ and would have needed a permanent staff member to oversee it.
Councillor Andrew Bentley says it hopes to include more inclusive play equipment in the future:
Swedish ex-footballer says he'll fight Island's most famous boxer!
Tributes paid to million-selling Island crime novelist
Fire service issues advice after crews respond to controlled burn
Road racing gets underway in the south tomorrow!
Charity to auction replicas of legendary TT bikes
Prom to close for TT funfair on Monday
FOI asks if new residents from the UK are immigrants
TT legend honoured in new Isle of Man stamp collection
Comments
Add a comment