On Air Now Matt Fletcher 4:00PM - 7:00PM Email
Now Playing Rest Your Love The Vamps Download

Fire crews tackle Willaston kitchen fire

One person and a dog had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in Willaston earlier today.

Firefighters were called to the scene at a property and found the lounge and kitchen heavily smoke logged.

The cause was found to be a cardboard box which had been left on an open hob - the flames were then extinguished and the home ventilated.

The fire service is thanking paramedics for their work and Paws for Therapy for providing pet oxygen masks - crews were in attendance for around 45 minutes.

More from Isle of Man News

Recently Played

Listen Live