On Air Now Tony James 2:00pm - 6:00pm Email
Now Playing True Faith New Order Download

Overloaded socket causes garage fire

Fire crews were called to a garage fire in Onchan yesterday which was caused by an overloaded plug socket.

Two pumps from Douglas were called to the property on Royal Terrace just before 4pm.

Firefighters spent two and a half hours at the scene bringing the blaze under control.

No-one was injured but substantial damage was caused to items in the garage including an oil tank.

The Fire Service is reminding the public to be aware of the dangers of overloading plug sockets and says too many electrical appliances can cause them to overheat.

More from Isle of Man News


Listen Live