On Air Now Jono Evans Noon - 4:00pm Email
Now Playing Look For The Good Jason Mraz Download

Overheating pan prompts callout

Firefighters were on hand to tackle an incident at a house in Douglas this week.

Teams from Douglas, Laxey and Castletown were called to the property on Fairfield Terrace at around 7.25pm on Tuesday to find the home smoke-logged.

An overheating pan left on a hob was found to be the cause and crews remained at the scene for around 30 minutes to ventilate the house.

The Fire Service added the incident is a reminder of the importance of having working smoke alarms to make sure potential risks are detected early and give time to allow people to evacuate the premises.

More from Isle of Man News

Recently Played

Listen Live