Emergency Services were called out to a house fire yesterday afternoon.
Just after 4pm, firefighters responded to reports at Albany Street in Douglas.
Those living in the property had been alerted by a smoke alarm and found there was a fire on the floor above.
On arrival, the Officer-in-Charge reported the fire had already taken hold on the first floor and was well alight.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used both high pressure hose reels and jets to control and extinguish the blaze.
Due to an early call to the emergency services the flames were contained to the one property.
Thermal imaging cameras were used to check for hot spots and crews remained in attendance for three hours.