The Department of Health and Social Care says it paid out more than £1.5 million for medical negligence cases last year.
The figure has been revealed in a Freedom of Information request to the Department about civil claim payouts over the last five years.
In 2021 it paid £1.51 million in four cases compared to just £900,000 in 11 cases the year before.
But in its response, the DHSC says it doesn't know how many of those payouts were covered by secrecy clauses.
Swedish ex-footballer says he'll fight Island's most famous boxer!
Tributes paid to million-selling Island crime novelist
Fire service issues advice after crews respond to controlled burn
Road racing gets underway in the south tomorrow!
Charity to auction replicas of legendary TT bikes
Prom to close for TT funfair on Monday
FOI asks if new residents from the UK are immigrants
TT legend honoured in new Isle of Man stamp collection