THE Department of Education and Children is thanking the public for submitting views on its consultation towards a new policy on dyslexia.
The consultation was launched in March when parents and the wider public were asked for their views on the updated policy and associated guidance notes for parents/teachers.
The department said the new policy and guidance was in line with current research and would raise awareness and understanding, improve assessment and, ultimately, lead to better educational outcomes for the one in 10 children who are dyslexic.
By the close of the consultation on Friday, more than 20 contributions had been received and Joyce Monroe, senior educational psychologist with the DEC, said she was grateful to those who’d had taken the time to send in views.
Keys to debate bringing back historic public transport
Bus Vannin may run out of drivers by first evening of strike
Cost of ferry terminal to be discussed in Keys again
Union organisation says bus strike is last resort
Appeal for information over hole in road
Weather warning for coastal overtopping this afternoon
New political members join government departments
How bad does weather have to be to close the Mountain?