A trade union organisation says strike action is being used as a last resort, and bus drivers are being unfairly blamed for the dispute.
Island bus drivers are walking out from today, Saturday, February 21 in a ten day strike over pay and conditions.
In a statement on Facebook, union leader Debbie Halsall from the Isle of Man Trades Council says industrial action is going ahead after a lawful ballot, and drivers are losing pay by doing so.
She added it’s not a move staff are taking lightly.
The government previously stated Bus Vannin asked Unite the Union to hold off on striking whilst it considered the latest offer from it, but "regrettably, the union refused".
Cost of ferry terminal to be discussed in Keys again
Appeal for information over hole in road
Weather warning for coastal overtopping this afternoon
New political members join government departments
How bad does weather have to be to close the Mountain?
Noel Edmonds reveals taste of new Manx wines
Major disruption as bus drivers strike from today
Bus strike: Manx Care issues advice to patients