A Peel man has been slapped with a restraining order after harassing his ex-wife over e-mail.
38-year-old Wayne Barton, of Ramsey Road, told her she was a 'scrounger' and a 'waste of space' in a series of messages.
At Douglas Courthouse earlier this week he admitted his conduct had amounted to harassment.
Between November 2017 and July this year Barton sent his ex-partner e-mails containing derogatory comments, insulted her home and described a hospital admission as 'karma'.
The court heard the couple had divorced on 'poor terms' and when interviewed by police Barton told officers he 'hated' her.
Barton's advocate said the e-mails had been sent 'in the heat of the moment' adding: "Mr Barton's conduct was words rather than actions - this situation could have been a lot worse."
Magistrates also fined Barton £500 and ordered him to pay prosecution costs of £50.
Swedish ex-footballer says he'll fight Island's most famous boxer!
Tributes paid to million-selling Island crime novelist
Fire service issues advice after crews respond to controlled burn
Road racing gets underway in the south tomorrow!
Charity to auction replicas of legendary TT bikes
Prom to close for TT funfair on Monday
FOI asks if new residents from the UK are immigrants
TT legend honoured in new Isle of Man stamp collection
Comments
Add a comment