On Air Now Tony James 2:00pm - 6:00pm Email
Now Playing Need A Little Love The Fratellis Download

Person treated by medics after carrying out deep clean of bathroom

Emergency Services were called out this week after someone became 'overcome with fumes' whilst carrying out a deep clean of their bathroom.

Emergency Services were called out this week after someone became 'overcome with fumes' whilst carrying out a deep clean of their bathroom.

Sometime on Tuesday afternoon Blue Watch went to assist the person.

The fire service says the cleaning products being used were standard popular brands that, individually, were safe to use as long as the instructions were followed. 

However on this occasion the products were inadvertently mixed, which caused a chemical reaction and resulted in toxic fumes being released.

The occupant received treatment from medics.

As a result - firefighters ask if you are considering carrying out a 'spring-clean' please ensure the instructions on cleaning products are followed, they are used in well ventilated areas and not mixed with other products.

More from Isle of Man News


Recently Played

Listen Live