A man from Peel’s been banned from the roads after being caught almost two and a half times the drink drive limit.
Ciaran Angus Gell of Campion Crescent admitted drink driving when he appeared before High Bailiff Jayne Hughes.
Prosecutor Rachael Braidwood told the hearing at Douglas Courthouse the 21 year old was spotted by police just after 1am on December 28.
He was driving his white Ford Fiesta erratically along Peel Road, swerving from side to side.
When he was stopped, he smelled strongly of alcohol but told officers he hadn’t drunk a lot – a blood test later read 203, when the limit is 80.
His advocate Jim Travers told the court Gell had been out with work colleagues and hadn’t been able to find a taxi.
Mrs Hughes fined him £1,000 and ordered him to pay £125 costs.
Gell was also banned for three years and ordered to take a drink drive rehabilitation course.
Weather casts doubt on this evening's practice
Manx food and drink producers celebrate 22 Great Taste wins
Anger after vandals target Castletown's square
Fly A Spitfire returns this week
Samantha Barks is ready for the Greatest Show next Spring
Sponsor wanted for the Island’s parking discs
Isle of Man school dinner menu gets a refresh
Island's minimum wage to be reviewed
Comments
Add a comment