On Air Now Tony James 2:00pm - 6:00pm Email
Now Playing The Keeper Blossoms Download

Damaged mobile phone at school sparks fire callout

A mobile phone sparked a fire alert at an Island secondary school yesterday.

Fire crews were called to QEII school in Peel at around 12.45pm after reports of smoke filling a first-floor classroom.

Staff and pupils evacuated the building, and firefighters in breathing gear discovered the smoke was coming from a damaged phone.

They spent around an hour ventilating the room.

More from Isle of Man News

Recently Played

Listen Live