An old age pensioner who was defrauded of their savings has had all the money returned thanks to an initiative by a local hotel.
The Best Western Palace Hotel & Casino pledged all their Sunday lunch takings over three consecutive weekends to the individual, who had been scammed out of £5,600 by a care provider.
At total of £6,100 was raised by the scheme, with the remaining balance donated to Age Concern Isle of Man.
A spokesperson for the hotel said they remain committed to making a positive impact in the local community, and will continue to explore further opportunities for community outreach.
Ballakilpheric Road shuts tomorrow
Peel Carnival needs you!
Commissioners looking for new clerk
Nobody charged for paper Manx Utilities bills, says chair
Should cohabiting couples get married tax breaks?
Repairs on Peel Power Station to get underway
Manx Care doctor survey to be discussed by Tynwald
Weather warning for snow tonight