Fire Crews Quick to Deal with Blaze After Oven Exploded
In the early hours of yesterday morning fire crews were dispatched to a house fire in Ballamillaghyn, Mount Rule, Braddan.
Upon arrival they were met by the female occupant who was the only person in the property at the time, she told them she was awoken by what sounded like an explosion.
The fire was confined to the kitchen area, but there was extensive heat and smoke damage to the rest of the property.
The fire was extinguished using one high pressure hose reel.
The explosion was attributed to the cooker being left on overnight and igniting combustible materials in close proximity to the device.