A Peel man's walked free from court after prosecutors withdrew an allegation he'd assaulted his girlfriend.
Charles Anthony Watson of Market Street had been charged with common assault on March 16.
However, when the 45 year old appeared before magistrates at Douglas Courthouse, prosecution advocate Richard Butters said new evidence had since come to light.
He said there was now no reasonable prospect of conviction and so he would offer no evidence.
Magistrates dismissed the case and awarded Mr Watson costs of around £1,000.
Weather casts doubt on this evening's practice
Manx food and drink producers celebrate 22 Great Taste wins
Anger after vandals target Castletown's square
Fly A Spitfire returns this week
Samantha Barks is ready for the Greatest Show next Spring
Sponsor wanted for the Island’s parking discs
Isle of Man school dinner menu gets a refresh
Island's minimum wage to be reviewed
Comments
Add a comment