On Air Now Tony James 2:00PM - 6:00PM Email
Now Playing Dignity Deacon Blue Download

Changes proposed for men's working institute

A Laxey charity's applied for permission to make changes to a historic building it brought back into use.

The Laxey Men's Working Institute was restored to its former glory in 2011, after four years of work and a fundraising drive to raise the £230,000 needed.

It was first opened in 1876 to cater for the village's mines and flour mill workers and now hosts events for the local community.

In a registered building application, the building's trustees say they want to replace the wooden floor in the building's main hall.

More from Isle of Man News


Recently Played

Listen Live