On Air Now Jason Quinn 10:00am - 1:00pm Email
Now Playing Rain On Me Lady Gaga / Ariana Grande Download

Cat found dead after house fire

A cat has died in a house fire in Douglas.

Douglas fire crews were called to a house on Ballanard Road this afternoon after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Two dogs were safely removed from the house, but despite the best efforts of the crews a cat was later found dead.

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service are reminding people to keep dryers well ventilated and to clean the lint filter after every use, to reduce the risk of a fire. 

More from Isle of Man News

Recently Played

Listen Live Listen