The union representing bus drivers is questioning the safety of having off Island drivers driving buses during the TT period.
With the 12 day strike now well underway attention is moving to government's contingency plans.
A number of casual drivers have been drafted in to ensure a reduced timetable can still go ahead with the majority of the busiest routes covered.
It was anticipated that industrial action would have been averted after last minute talks on Friday however the drivers voted 56 to 18 against proposals from the Department of Community, Culture and Leisure.
Regional secretary of Unite Eric Holmes says the back up plans throw up questions:
(PLAY AUDIO ABOVE)
Balladoole's re-use sheds on the agenda in Tynwald
Yellow weather warning issued over snow and ice tonight
Steam Packet carried 680,000 passengers last year
Roof work to shut Castletown shopping street
Church unveils plans to modernise facilities
Are Mountain Road closures harming Ramsey?
No whey! Creamery says goodbye to much-loved butter
Roofing Outlaw plans Isle of Man franchise