A petitioner has called for an independent review into the ‘disastrous’ flooding which hit Laxey last week.
Glen Road resident and former village commissioner Andrew Smith says any investigations should be led by a non-partisan person, outside of both local and central government.
He’s started a petition to bring together the views of those in the Laxey Valley Basin affected by the floods, and ensure the ‘best outcome’ is achieved from any follow-up action.
So far the document has been signed by more than fifty residents.
An emergency public meeting to discuss the flooding will take place on Thursday at the Pavilion in the Laxey Glen Gardens from 7pm.
Mr Smith believes a seperate requisition meeting, overseen by an independent chair, should be called, and if necessary, followed by a public inquiry.
Yellow weather warning issued over snow and ice tonight
Steam Packet carried 680,000 passengers last year
Roof work to shut Castletown shopping street
Church unveils plans to modernise facilities
Are Mountain Road closures harming Ramsey?
No whey! Creamery says goodbye to much-loved butter
Roofing Outlaw plans Isle of Man franchise
Can you help find fly-tippers?