Chief Minister Alf Cannan says the government didn't do due diligence checks during the sale of Manx Telecom - because the government's not involved.
In Tynwald this week he faced a question on the topic from Arbory, Castletown and Malew MHK Jason Moorhouse.
On Friday, the company announced the deal to sell it to Jersey Telecom and an investment firm had been finalized.
Mr Cannan said the it involved a private sale of a commercial company:
Calling all bin-fluencers! Commissioners need help with dog bin duty
Sew much support for RNLI and GNAAS from Mannin Quilters
Date announced for final ever Heartstopper!
Manx Care sorry for mixed messages over Noble’s service suspensions
Port Erin routes affected by Billown circuit closures this weekend
Isle of Man is Peter Andre's Flava of the week!
Evri preparing to pull out of Isle of Man?
Get involved in Island's first BJ Week!