Bus drivers could lose up to £1,500 in wages by striking over the TT period.
That’s according to the Department of Community, Culture and Leisure which is currently recruiting casual drivers to work over the fortnight.
It’s part of contingency plans to ensure the Island is kept moving over the 12 days of industrial action which start on Saturday.
Further negotiations between the government and Unite the Union were held yesterday.
But DCCL chief executive Nick Black says it’s not as simple as re-offering a deal that was previously turned down:
(PLAY AUDIO ABOVE)
Balladoole's re-use sheds on the agenda in Tynwald
Yellow weather warning issued over snow and ice tonight
Steam Packet carried 680,000 passengers last year
Roof work to shut Castletown shopping street
Church unveils plans to modernise facilities
Are Mountain Road closures harming Ramsey?
No whey! Creamery says goodbye to much-loved butter
Roofing Outlaw plans Isle of Man franchise