A van driver who caused a 60mph crash, leaving a motorist with a broken ankle, has been banned from the roads.
Jeffrey Fargher of Douglas Road in Ballasalla appeared before High Bailiff Jayne Hughes at Douglas Courthouse.
The 38 year old had previously pleaded guilty to causing serious bodily harm by driving without due care and attention.
On February 9 he was behind the wheel of a white Peugeot van which pulled out in front of a Hyundai car at the junction of Orrisdale Road and Douglas Road in Ballasalla.
He suffered a head injury, while the other motorist sustained serious injuries – Fargher later told police he couldn’t remember the incident.
Mrs Hughes fined him £1,200 and ordered him to pay £50 costs – she also banned him from driving for 12 months and he’ll have to pass an extended test before he can have his licence back.
Have your say on Manx pharmacy services
Tynwald to decide on October and January half-term breaks
Sarah Astin breaks Isle of Man women’s marathon record in Seville
DOI declines to reveal charity land lease costs in Ramsey
Ballakilpheric Road shuts tomorrow
Peel Carnival needs you!
Commissioners looking for new clerk
Nobody charged for paper Manx Utilities bills, says chair