The Chief Minister says calling a halt to services on the Snaefell Mountain Railway shows how seriously government has taken the safety issues.
Howard Quayle MHK says the incident involving a tram rolling down the hill with passengers on board earlier this year highlights the challenges of operating a heritage railway in a modern, safe environment.
The Department of Infrastructure have promised to commit the expertise of the railway engineering staff to dealing with the matters.
Mr Quayle says he hopes the issues surrounding the railway will be overcome for the start of the next season.
Swedish ex-footballer says he'll fight Island's most famous boxer!
Tributes paid to million-selling Island crime novelist
Fire service issues advice after crews respond to controlled burn
Road racing gets underway in the south tomorrow!
Charity to auction replicas of legendary TT bikes
Prom to close for TT funfair on Monday
FOI asks if new residents from the UK are immigrants
TT legend honoured in new Isle of Man stamp collection